Tuesday, 19 March 2013

60 Feared Dead In Kano Bus Park Bombing

About 60 people were feared dead, yesterday evening, in Kano when a suicide bomber attacked a bus park located at Sabon Gari. The blast reportedly destroyed several buses while soldiers and policemen cordoned off the area after the blast.
The Chairman, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Kano, Chief Tobias Idika said, “the incident occurred around 5.00 pm when activities at the park were at their peak. So far we have counted 60 human bodies burnt to ashes from five luxury buses affected by the blast.”

Eye witness said; “the blast occurred as five fully loaded buses were moving towards the exit gate at the park when an unidentified individual driving a Golf Volkswagen car in an opposite direction rammed into the buses resulting in an explosion. The suicide bomber died instantly.”
According to Chief  Idiaka , “all the five buses have been reduced to ashes by the impact of the blast, and scores of others with high degree burns have been taken to Government hospital. Casualty figures might rise if what I have seen so far is anything to go by.”

“We saw it coming and we informed the relevant authority to provide security for us in Sabon Gari but it fell on deaf ears,” he lamented.
Idika who was in tears further said: “I cannot comprehend that human lives can be wasted like this; it is a horrible scene to behold and the fire service are trying their best to put off the inferno within and around the park.”
The Joint Military Taskforce confirmed the blast. Spokesman of the Military outfit, Captain Ikediche Iweha said; “we have moved in to the scene of the blast and we are trying to restore confidence to forestall looting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...